Jeff Halper, Israeli-American activist-academic-author, and founder of the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions will speak about his new book “War Against the People: Israel, the Palestinians and Global Pacification” at several events in the Pioneer Valley (links lead to respective Facebook event listings):
- Sunday, March 6 at 3pm at Edwards Church, 297 Main Street, Northampton
- Monday, March 7 at 12:30pm at Greenfield Community College, Downtown Center, 270 Main Street, Greenfield
- Monday, March 7 at 7:30pm at Amherst College, Paino Lecture Hall, Beneski Building
- Tuesday, March 8 at 4pm: UMass Amherst, Commonwealth Honors Building
- Tuesday, March 8 at 7pm: Odyssey Bookstore, 9 College Street, South Hadley
After much research, he concluded that Israel’s occupation continues because economic and political elites around the world benefit from it.
Halper is trying to not only educate fellow academics, but to get activists on the ground to join with others to fight the hegemonic system of a capitalist world system. He wants them to understand the bigger picture than drones or specific armaments. He wants to educate about “militarism-securitization” system.
All of these events are free and open to the public (donations accepted) and handicapped accessible.
Sponsored by: American Friends Service Committee / Arise for Social Justice / Ashfield Congregational Church, UCC / AmherstUnited Left / Charlemont Federated Church, UCC / Kairos/Franklin County Justice for Palestine / Traprock Center for Peace and Justice / UMass: Department of Anthropology, Department of History, Department of Social Thought and Political Economy Program, American Studies Program, Office of Civic Engagement and Service Learning, Students for Justice in Palestine / Western Mass Jewish Voice for Peace.